Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Tomatoes are very healthy fruits and vegetables because it provides a good source of vitamin C. The delight taste of sour and sweet, has made tomatoes dishes popular and most of them are easy to prepare. Stuffed tomatoes is simple and consume short time in preparation. Even though, stuffed tomatoes is not a traditional food of Cambodian, it is very popular as family daily dish.
- 5 ripe tomatoes: cut them into two equal parts, take out the seeds and discard.
- 250 g ground meat (can be pork, beef, chicken, or fish sausage).
- 25 g dried shrimp: soak in water for 10mn then pound.
- 100 g vermicelli (optional): soak in water for about 20mn, then cut it into 1cm pieces.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Mix together the ground meat, dried shrimp, vermicelli, garlic, sugar, salt, fish sauce, and pepper. Make it a perfect mixture.
- Fill up the tomatoes with meat.
Stuffed tomatoes can be cooked as stuffed tomatoes soup, fried or steamed stuffed tomatoes. I like fried stuffed tomatoes, it’s very nice to serve with soy sauce and chilly.
Fried stuffed tomatoes
To fry stuffed tomatoes, first add 4 tbsp of cooking oil into the frying pan. After the oil is heat, arrange the stuffed tomatoes into the frying pan with the meat side up. Use the low heat and need to cover the frying pan, so that the inside of the tomatoes will finely cooked. After it’s cooked, turn down the meat side and fried it to a bit dried.