Fried Egg With Tomato and Pork Filling
Egg is very common for cooking different dishes of Cambodian. Whenever people couldn’t think of what food to cook, they simply think of egg. Egg can be steamed, fried with vegetables such as onion, bitter gourd, tomatoes, or just it alone, or boil egg and serve with soy sauce. Egg is also used as substitution of other meat for most stir fried dishes. In the other hand, egg is low price, but always has a great taste with almost every dishes it comes with.
Fried egg with tomato and pork filling is probably a new dish, but provide a good flavor of sweet sour of tomato in the fried egg. You might want to try it once, as dishes with egg are easy to prepare and consume less time.
Ingredients: for 2 servings
- 100g of ground pork: to seasoning it, add 1 tbsp sugar, 3/4 tbsp salt, 3/4 tbsp ground black pepper, mix it well.
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes: sliced and cut it into tiny cube shape.
- 2 eggs: break them off in a separate bowl, add 1/2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp soy sauce, ground black pepper, mix it well.
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1. On the fire, add 3 tbsp cooking oil, when it’s heat, add prepared egg, fry it with low heat, so that the egg will be finely cooked without getting burn. When the egg is cooked, do not fold it into fan-shape (as we normally do so), but keep it in that single layer in a big plate.
2. Put the same frying pan back to fire, add 2 tbsp cooking oil, after the oil is heat, add garlic, then ground pork. Stir fried for 3mn, add tomato, till the tomato is well cooked, the filling is done.
3. We can either just top the filling on the fried egg and keep it opening or we can hide the filling within the fried egg by top it on half of the fried egg, and cover it up by another half. Then we will have a fan-shape fried egg with tomato and pork filling.
It might need soy sauce to serve with, add some chili sauce or just fresh chili if you like hot taste.